Sunday, November 11, 2007

Digital story reflection

Shantel Fitzgerald
09/13/07
LAE 4860
Digital Story Reflection

I thoroughly relished working with Windows Movie Maker. This software is extremely user friendly, and since I am not tech savvy at all, I enjoyed this aspect of it. For this project, I decided to create a story about my typical Christmas. I combined my family photos with some pictures that I found on the internet to add to my story. It was fairly simple adding the pictures to the collections. However, the pictures did show up a little blurry, and I am still oblivious as to why that occurred. Despite the hazy pictures, I still like this program. I really liked trying out the transitions and creating the title and credits. All things considered, I am satisfied with the outcome. Next time I will surely add narration and music.
I definitely see myself integrating this program in my future classroom. A movie would make for an excellent culminating project. For instance, I may have my students read To Kill a Mockingbird. Once the students finish the unit, they can make their own digital story about a significant event in Scout’s life. I believe that if students know that they have to make a digital story about the text, the project will encourage them to actively engage with the text. All things considered, I think that the students find Windows Movie Maker intriguing.

No comments: