Sunday, November 11, 2007

Webquest Reflection

Shantel Fitzgerald
11/04/07
LAE 4860

Webquest serves as a wonderful learning tool for students. Webquest allows students to actively engage with the text, and it helps students complete tasks pertaining the book. For instance, students in my seventh grade classroom will read The Schwa was Here by Neal Shusterman. I will construct a Webquest that corresponds to this text. For instance, the Webquest briefly reintroduces students to Neal Shusterman's work. Also, students will create a dog walking schedule for Antsy and Calvin. Furthermore, students will design a billboard that serves as an advertisement for Calvin Schwa. Lastly, students will write a missing persons ad for Calvin Schwa's mother. Students will not be able to effectively complete these tasks unless they read the book. So, this Webquest will also help me determine who did or did not read The Schwa was Here. All in all, Webquests allow students to engage with the text, and I believe that my students will benefit immensely from working with my Webquest.

No comments: